Today we commissioned our third group of St Edmund’s Mini Vinnies.
The Mini Vinnies are junior members of the St Vincent de Paul Society who pledge to work together to do some good in our St Edmund’s community and the wider world.
They do this in a number of ways: –
- First of all through prayer. Mini Vinnies meetings always start and finish with a prayer. The children talk to Jesus each day and talk to others about him.
- Also they take a ’Pledge’ and are given a Certificate to say they are a Mini Vinnie, and they wear a badge on their school uniforms.
You can see pictures of the new Year 5 group making their Pledge at our whole school assembly today when Fr Phil blessed them and they had to make their promises in front of our school community so that everyone in our school knows who they are and can support them in their work and through prayer.
- Undertaking other activities such as going and visiting the elderly in Nursing and Residential homes.
- Supporting their school friends, especially trying to be a friend to those in need or in trouble.
- Through fund raising activities such as supporting Dar Mariam Primary School in Khartoum as part of our Lenten Project.
We are sure this new Mini Vinnies will be just a good a role model and friend for our younger pupils as the two previous groups have been.