Educational Family Liason Officer, Rachel O’Shea
I am the Educational Family Liaison Officer supporting Services families throughout the Abingdon Partnership of schools. You can contact me via your child’s school or alternatively, just give me a call directly. Rachel O’Shea (07825 844942)
I recognise that the lives of Services families can be unique (especially during Covid 19 pandemic) and that sometimes families need support especially, with regard to posting and deployment. My role is a varied one, tailored to the needs of individual children and families, below are just some of the services that I can provide:
- Act as a link between home and school including making home visits.
- A listening ear.
- Support for children starting or leaving a school.
- Offer targeted group or individual ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant) sessions with children to support their emotional or behavioural needs.
- Support Families with a deployed parent.
- 1:1 support and advice for parents.
- Lead Family Links Nurturing Programmes for parents.
- Open links to other agencies, for example PCAMHS and Young Carers.
- Practical support i.e. transport to meetings with other agencies etc.
Please feel free to contact me with any concerns, big or small. I’m a good listener and make a great cup of tea or coffee!