As you know, next Monday and Tuesday are forecast to be extremely hot. We are closely monitoring the weather forecast and guidance from OCC and the Department for Education. Currently all guidance states that schools should stay open. It will after all be hot wherever the children are! Therefore, currently school remains open for our last three days of term.
- Children can wear PE kit if they need to (though girls will probably find their school summer dresses to be cooler)
- All children need to drink plenty of water throughout the day so please make sure your child brings their named water bottle into school each day. Staff will supervise hydration breaks and remind children to refill their bottles regularly.
- Please make sure you have thoroughly applied high factor sunscreen on your child each morning.
- The children will stay in the shade and avoid strenuous exercise so there will be no PE lessons this week.
- We will hold our Prize Giving assembly outside in the shade and will move it to 9:30 on Monday morning now to make the most of the slightly lower temperature in the morning.
- The Year 6 Leavers’ Mass will be in the church rather than the school hall.
- We will restrict how long the children spend outside and ask that all children have a sun hat with them.
Rest assured we will follow all guidance to keep all our children and ourselves as cool and safe as possible.