Thank you for your interest in working at our school. At St Edmund’s we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant for any position will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS (fomerly CRB).
Current Vacancy: School Business Manager
Closing Date: Monday 8th June 2020 (4pm)
Interview Date(s): Friday 19th June
Job Start Date: Friday 1st September 2020
Contract/Hours: Permanent, Part-time
Post: School Business Manager
Salary Scale: Grade 10, Points 27 – 30 (£30,507-£32,878) pro rata
Hours: 37.5 per week
Term Time Only: Term-time + 5 Inset Days + 2 weeks
Location of Role: St Edmund’s Catholic Primary School, Abingdon
Contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our governors wish to appoint a committed and competent School Business Manger to join the established leadership team in our warm and welcoming school. The successful candidate will join our dedicated and supportive team to work alongside the Headteacher in sharing the leadership and development of our thriving school. The School Business Manager (SBM) is responsible for managing the strategy and operation of the business functions of our school, including financial management, health and safety, human resources, compliance and administration. They will advise on and implement the day-to-day support that enables the school to operate effectively and efficiently, and that allows other members of the leadership team to focus on teaching and learning. The School Business Manager will also have a key role to play in pupil safeguarding within our school.
St Edmund’s Catholic Primary School is situated within the parish of Our Lady and St Edmund of Abingdon and is a highly successful single form entry primary school which: “inspires pupils with a determination to change the world by spreading kindness and love.” Ofsted January 2020.
The successful candidate will:
- be a strong candidate who can provide strategic vision and leadership in all aspects of school administration.
- be forward thinking;
- have excellent interpersonal and time management skills;
- have high expectations;
- have excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- be able to use their own initiative.
- demonstrate a commitment to our Catholic school’s vision, aims and ethos, its community and the school improvement agenda
- be committed to acting with integrity, honesty, loyalty and fairness to safeguard the assets, financial probity and reputation of the school
- be committed to safeguarding and equality
- have experience supervising and managing a small team
- Enthusiastic and happy children who have a positive attitude to learning
- A highly motivated and supportive staff team committed to ensuring that all children realise their full potential
- The opportunity to work within a welcoming and enthusiastic environment with wonderful children, supportive staff, governors and parents
- A strong network of school business managers across the Abingdon Partnership who work together, support each other and share best practice.
Calls to discuss this position further with our Headteacher, Mrs Maria Delany-White, are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs Berny Pratt, School Business Manager (01235 521558 or email@example.com) to request an application pack. Applications must be made on the CES Support Staff Application form only.
Completed forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
St Edmund’s Catholic Primary School and Oxfordshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.